leaving mantids for periods of time

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea, i think mantids can survive 5 days with out anything though, depends species i guess. do u reckon u could post a pic when u get back?
Keep in mind that even if they survive a while without food they may still be too week to make it through the next molt or have molt issues that kill them in the next molt. -->Previous starvation could kill them months later.

i've ran out of food for my mantids and am wondering if there's anything i can easily catch at this time of year that will suffice until fruit flies arrive?

i was thinking maybe hand feeding segments of worm?

i know it's probably not especially nutritious but would that be okay?

would orchids be okay with that?

i've ran out of food for my mantids and am wondering if there's anything i can easily catch at this time of year that will suffice until fruit flies arrive?i was thinking maybe hand feeding segments of worm?

i know it's probably not especially nutritious but would that be okay?

would orchids be okay with that?
when theres a livefood shortage, and if they really are going hungry you can feed them chicken. I have never had to do it myself, but plenty of people have. In fact I read recently on here that some guy is feeding his mantis cat food, and the mantis is doing very well.

Latest posts