Leg Problem

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asdsdf

Coolest Member
Reaction score
My Nigerian nymph L4 was missing the gripping part of the leg. After the last molt, now, it's missing even more. It's halfway up to the next joint. Now I fear that he/she has a fungus infection or something, because it's black. One day later, it doesn't seem to have spread, but it is already dangerouly close to the joint. Should I not risk it and cut it at the joint now, or wait and see if it spreads and I have to cut it higher, with even less of a chance that it grows full back? Thanks.

Yes, it is really close. Uh oh. after I cut it, he/she attcked its own leg snd bit it off. Now, there is only a little stub where the leg connects the body. It's still trying to reach the area as I type. It's trying to grab the nonexistant leg and put it to it's mouth. uh oh. :(

Mantids will loose alot of blood if you cut them and can't develop scar tissue. If the mantid has an infection in its leg it will deal with it himself without your intervention.

Still I'm glad its ok a few weeks later.

Latest posts