Leprechaun Murder Scene!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud jaguar

Reaction score
This morning before I went to see the new HP movie with my kids I put a fat tomato worm into the net enclosure of our S. Limbata. Definitely avoid doing this! I came back and the inside of the net looks like a leprechaun murder scene! Green guts, juice and goo squirted everywhere in there! Gross. I dont know what I was thinking - perhaps i thought the mantis would enjoy the meal with a nice serviette, fork and spoon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I fed a large caterpillar like that once. There was alot of goo around too but not to that scale.

I had feed a real big moth to one of my mantids, it was real messy. Looked like feathers everywhere.

Worms & caterpillars are notorious for exploding after that first bite :D

Funny! :) Yeah, I generally don't feed from the garden for reasons like that. Silkworms weren't much better when I tried them (free sample from my crix supplier) goo and silk everywhere! :p

Mantids + butterworms = torture.

One bite and all the guts just burst out... Of course it's not very fun for the butterworm, but the mantids sure look happy...

Latest posts