Let see your setups!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatalmantis

Reaction score
I recently moved into a new space and have been rearranging my setups. I would love to see how you guys keep your mantis.

Here is mine. Its a mix of Deli cups, acrylic terrariums, aquariums, Tupperware, and wire cages for my current 12 species. 

20211216_173549.jpg

20220119_130812.jpg

I love the decorations! I can see it at the top, but what species is that?
Hahaha, I enjoy decorating for the each holiday, but the Halloween and Christmas stuff tends to hang around year round. The mantis is an adult, male Stagmomantis limbata

Do you move your mantis to a smaller container when feeding? (I too had fun spoiled my mantis with Halloween decorations.)
Most of the time I just use tongs/tweezers or hold a little cup up with food in it for them to snag out of. If I got a shyer eater though, then I will pop them into a smaller cage. Usually I rotate my adult females in this tank, so they tend to be greedy enough to take whatever you offer them. Right now however, he is my only resident mantis so he gets the whole place to himself.

I recently moved into a new space and have been rearranging my setups. I would love to see how you guys keep your mantis.

Here is mine. Its a mix of Deli cups, acrylic terrariums, aquariums, Tupperware, and wire cages for my current 12 species.

View attachment 14461

View attachment 14462
Just curious about what you have in the tanks (Bottom shelf shoe rack)

View attachment 14461

View attachment 14462
This is goals! Looks great. What about temperature do you keep everything at room temp? Heat the room?