Lethargic...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Asa

Reaction score
My Shield mantis has become somehow disabled overnight. It cannot support itself at all, but can still hang from the top of the lid by its legs. It is fat, even though I haven't fed it in a number of days, and I removed a small black "crust" from its back. The crust isn't really a crust though, it just brushed right off :huh: Still alive, able to wave around its raptorial arms and move antenna. I sprayed it with some water, hoping that might help. Has anyone experienced this specific affliction? Nothing is visibly clogged on the mantis and its eyes are clear.

Not going to get an answer. All I can say is similar things happen to all of us sooner or later.

Man, I'm so stupid :rolleyes: I was so caught up thinking about the black stuff on its back that I didn't notice that it was using all the warning signs of molting...molted last night. Thanks for the input anyway guys :p

:p easy enough to come in and say this with hindsight but... when i read your post the first thing that came to mind was a moult! it was mainly the "hasnt been fed for a while yet is still fat" that suggested to me an imminent moult. anyway, bit late now! ;)

Yeah, me too!!! I have seen that as well especially with my wide arms and giant asians!!!!

Latest posts