Limbata Breeding

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1_collection

Reaction score
Yesterday out in my yard I saw a male and female limbata mating. So I carefully picked them both up and guided them to my net cage. This morning they wre finished and I was surprised to see that my male survived. I am planning to keep the male and use him again in a couple days.

My question is...Is that one time good enough? They were connected for about (I am guessing) 9hours,

Pictures up soon...

Mating time varies, could be 30 mins could be weeks, but if they stop mating they are probably finished :)

Yes that is good. You can mate her again after she lays a few ooths just to ensure a good hatch rate on future ooths. Why surprised the male lived? Female eating the male is the exception, not the rule.

Yes that is good. You can mate her again after she lays a few ooths just to ensure a good hatch rate on future ooths. Why surprised the male lived? Female eating the male is the exception, not the rule.
I understajnd it is the exception. The reason it surprises me a bit is that the female did not look as she had a good meal the day. She was agressive/defensive at anything that was in front of her even a moving leaf.

Latest posts