Lion Cub

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think it more red meat than fowl type meat. And real gamey.
like man i so hate it when peeps dis darwin sides some dude on Utube said hes eaten some puma meat and it tasted just chiken but the hair got stuck in his throat so I guess it's gotta be true so watta U think of that darwin hater?

http://books.google.com/books?id=4noLjlEN8...=result&res

Edit: Oops! My bad. Darwin said veal, not chicken: http://books.google.com/books?id=xRMTQ-YYl...&oi=book_re

Last edited by a moderator:
As i was scrolling through the forum deciding what thread my first post should go towards, i decided that a discussion about trying to eat a lion cub would do!

As the majority seem to agree with agentA people dont eat lion cubs :p

just so you guys know, i am a chef. and the more a muscle moves the tougher the meat is when cooked, thats why most parts of a cow are tender and the tough parts ground into hambuger meat. Lion as i image is really really strong my nature, very muscluar. So my opinion would tell me that it is a VERY tough meat, and to make it tender would mean long long hours of stewing(or bowling). ^_^

yes i ment throwing bowling balls at while still alive would tenderize it, OF COURSE I MENT BOILING!!! lol come on now ^_^
Let me get this right, Doug. You are a cook, and at your restaurant you routinely boil your lion cubs? Wilth all respect, I think that you are going to lose a lot of flavor that way and probably end up with vieja ropa. I suggest that you try a slow cooker for about 8 hours with some sliced onions and carrots and African herbs. You can also cut a couple of lemons in half (don't squeeze them) and put them, cut side down, on top of the cub. Yum! :D

In Chicago, this a very popular dish, and you will often hear people coming out of a restaurant in the summer, saying "How about them Cubs?"

ROFLPoundingFloor.gif

It just gets funnier and funnier!

Edit: PS... I boiled a hunk of meat one time (a roast), and it came out like a hard rubber ball. Hmmm.... kind of like a bowling ball, now that I think about it! :p

im almost certain some culture prizes ground lion testies (or similar) as an aphrodisiac. theyre just hard to acquire ;)

I bet some do, in africa they do not waste food, when i went there i was suprised at the variety of meat they had to offer, Giraffe, zebra antelope...... etc

im almost certain some culture prizes ground lion testies (or similar) as an aphrodisiac. theyre just hard to acquire ;)
I'm glad that you're back, Superfreak (where's James?) and that once again, you are able to turn a somewhat mundane topic back onto a more scholarly tack.

I have never heard of lion testicles being used as an aphrodisiac, but I'm sure that there are a lot of things going on in Sidney that I don't know about (do they work?).

I made a mental list of religions that might permit this. The eating of testicles is not considered traif under mosaic law, and Samson was able to get honey out of a lion, so who knows what other parts of the carcass he might have found useful?

For Muslims, Samson's lion would have been out of bounds (haram) because, first it was dead when found (come to think of it, it wasn't really a kosher lion, was it?), and because all fanged animals (like the elephant, honest!) are haram, and so are those with claws (like the rabbit, and again, I kid you not) so I imagine that all Muslims would leave the testicles well alone. You will be excited to learn, though, that though sheep and goat testicles are haram for the Shia, they are halah for the Suni, "which should tell you something about the Suni," says Mija.

Hindus hold the cow to be sacred but they keep surprizingly quiet about lion testicles, and Buddhists woulfd prefer that you just eat soyburgers.

I am poorly informed about African dietary practices, but I do know that in Kenya, when the Kikuyu, Mau Mau rebellion broke out, Gray Leakey, relative of the famous one, "was killed and buried after some of his extremities were eaten." The Britsh press, though, were far too delicate to say just what "extremities" ended up on the barbie.

That leaves the Chriistians, who certainly eat bull testicles in the US as "prairie oysters" and would most certainly snag a lion if they had the chance, as the most likely suspects. Hope that helps.

Here's one more small detail that might interest you. Under mosaic law, if a girl were to snip off her fiance's testicles, whether she ate them or not, he would not be allowed to marry her, or anyone else, though that is pretty much an academic point (pace Pope's "Eloise to Abelard"). This an excellent example of a ball breaker being a deal breaker. :eek:

Latest posts