Locust juices !!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13ollox

Reaction score
Everytime i pick a locust up with my tweasers .. a browny black liquid thing comes out from there mouths . every time !!! i usually clean it off them but sometimes i dont and the mantis dont seem to mind it . but does anyone know what it is ?

also ... the locust thats being munched on now is loosing green goo from its half eaten limbs !!! anyone know why this is or what or anything thats more informative than what i know now :lol:

thanks

Neil

the brown stuff is the locust's defense mechanism. i believe it tastes bitter/nasty, but i've never tried it nor am i ever going to. as for the green goo, it's equavalent to our red goo, blood.

and locusts blood is either a clearish green, or a clearish yellow - it depends on what they have eaten

The brown stuff is the stomach contents and they spit it out as a defense. Most insects I have seen have green "blood" to include mantids.

this green was like ghostbusters slimer green 8). real deep and real dark .8) but thanks for the explanations . i wasnt worried , more curious . and now i know the answers !

Thank you guys !

Neil

Latest posts