Look what my little girl found!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charleyandbecky

Reaction score
newestgreenie.jpgnewestgreenie1.jpg

My little girl went out last night right at dusk and look what she found!

Rebecca

ps--hard to tell from the photos but this mantid is a little over 2 inches long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Rick! I thought so, but I wasn't sure. It is the only green adult Carolina I have ever seen around here. Every one of my others are brown females. I sure wish I could find a male Carolina soon.

Rebecca

Thanks, Rick! I thought so, but I wasn't sure. It is the only green adult Carolina I have ever seen around here. Every one of my others are brown females. I sure wish I could find a male Carolina soon.Rebecca
They come in a few colors. I do find more of everything but green but I found a few green ones this year. She is most likely mated. Males tend to gather near lights at night.

Thanks, Rick! I thought so, but I wasn't sure. It is the only green adult Carolina I have ever seen around here. Every one of my others are brown females. I sure wish I could find a male Carolina soon.Rebecca
O.K., I'm confused. I thought that your daughter had found a red cricket keeper in a dumpster, somewhere. Are you saying that she found an adult female mantis and actually carried it in her hands?. Weren't you afraid that it might bite or sting her?

O.K., I'm confused. I thought that your daughter had found a red cricket keeper in a dumpster, somewhere. Are you saying that she found an adult female mantis and actually carried it in her hands?. Weren't you afraid that it might bite or sting her?
:) :)

Actually, she ran inside and got that critter keeper and her older brother. I keep that keeper right by the door in case any of them see a mantis outside. My oldest is 14, so the little one had help catching it. She was so proud, though. This was her third "find" of the season. She just has an eye for them.

Rebecca

Latest posts