• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

looking for Brunner's Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakep53

Reaction score
Hey i'm looking for anyone that is selling a brunner's stick mantis. I know they're hard to find and no one seems to have one, but if anyone does i'm looking to buy it off of them. thanks email is [email protected]

Do you mean Hestiasula brunneriana

if so i have adults & ooths

there a boxer mantid

Well i have some of these if you cant find them Schizocephala bicornis

i thought these were the largest mantid

I have a small population near me. I can get some for you but it won't be till later in the summer. They are hard to find but I managed to find a population nearby. I generally make a post in the classifieds when I find some. This is of course only if you are in the U.S. I found several last year and sold many ooths.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a small population near me. I can get some for you but it won't be till later in the summer. They are hard to find but I managed to find a population nearby. I generally make a post in the classifieds when I find some. This is of course only if you are in the U.S. I found several last year and sold many ooths.
Rick, could you pm me too when you find some or have ooths(preferred) i'd like to purchase 1/some.

cool thanks for the info rick. yes i live in the U.S. so shipping shouldn't be a problem. Yea ooth or a mantis doesn't matter to me i will check back with you this summer.

thanks

I just want to add... that I got a B. borealis ooth from Rick in November last year. I'd read these sometimes take a longer time to hatch than many other species. And I've looked at mine so much I think I know every groove on it, lol... have been misting and incubating it since I got it. After 5 months, and knowing this species is parthenogenic and the ooths would almost have to be fertile, I admit... my hopes had been fading recently. But just yesterday 2 nymphs popped out! Wheee-haa!! From what I gather, they can take up to 6 months to hatch... and then keep hatching for an additional 6 months (one or just a few nymphs at a time, rather than "burst hatching" all at one time like most species.). So if you do end up getting one... don't give up on it! ;)