• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for: Experienced Breeder for my Female Orchid (in exchange for all but one nymph)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorManny

Reaction score
I guess this is the place to post this? I have an adult female orchid mantis. Super pretty and has a lot of personality (I've named her Sybil). But I'm a very new mantis owner with zero experience in breeding and definitely am in not in a position to have more than one or two mantises at a time. I'd love to have Sybil's "legacy" passed on and to have another one like her.

What I'd want is someone who isn't terribly far away (I go back and forth from Chapel Hill (27516) and Raleigh (27605),North Carolina) with a male orchid mantis to help me breed her. She'd be brought to you, you could breed her, and you could have the fertilized ooth with all the nymphs (though I would like one once it's an L2 or L3)

I'd bring her over (I can drive up to two hours away) or ship her, but I'm worried about her getting hurt in the shipping process (plus I'd like to have her back after so two trips might be bad). This is still a tentative thing because I have no idea how to do this or if this is even worth the trouble for a breeder, but I'm just putting it out there in case the arrangement actually sounds appealing.

Anyway, thank you!

pwetty mantis.JPG