• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for Orchid

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Litleape

Reaction score
I had my pairs scheduled just right, or so I thought, but my female just molted her 8th time. I thought she was ready to be an adult but I was apparently wrong. Do females molt 9 times to adulthood?

Anyway, my 2 males are ready so I am either looking for an adult female to pair with them, or a sub-adult male that I can pair with my female. Any offers or trades welcome? Please help :)

Measure the length of your female and look closely at the wing buds. She may be just a week or two from being an adult and if you cool down the males and hold back their food a little, your famale can catch up. I did that and they are now mounted.

Well my males have been adults now for 2 weeks. I had been slowing them down and speeding her up and I thought she was about to molt into an adult but then... nothing. She just molted last night. It will be another 2-3 weeks before she molts again, then I have to wait at least another 2 weeks after that til she is ready to breed. I am just afraid it isn't going to work out. Not sure of the time frame before it is too late. Thanks for your advice.