Lookit! I built an arcade cabinet =) lots of images.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petoly

Reaction score
so yeah I kind of always had this unhealthy obsession with the arcades. specifically neo geo and capcom games.

so a couple of years back I decided to build my own arcade cabinet. It has around 100,000 games, online play, and around 6000 emulated pinball tables.

I started off with an old gutted teenage mutant ninja turtle cabinet because it was only 30 bux, It still had the coinslots which are still functional but not wired, and it was cheap enough so I wouldn't have to build a base. I liked this basic shape anyway.

cabinets.jpg

here's a cardboard mockup of a control panel to see dimensions

cab2.jpg

marquee design:

marquee-pinkhorizontal.jpg

Lit marquee test

marqueeinstall.jpg

after giving it a bunch of black it was time to paint the sides, I used enamel. Got red yellow blue black and white and mixed all the colors. made it cheaper that way.

sketch for one side:

danstudy.jpg

painting side progress

danalmost.jpg

side 1 done:

dandone.jpg

to be continued

Last edited by a moderator:
side 2 progress:

akuma.jpg

side 2 done:

akumadone.jpg

control panel design:

control-panel.jpg

Control panel with holes cut out

CPdrill.jpg

Buttons!

parts.jpg

Control panel together

cpdone.jpg

These coinslots looked horrible! gutting them to pieces, reenameling them, and changing the insert coin signs to atari logos made it look custom and brand spanking new. can't see the custom insert coin signs though.

coinslots.jpg

Almost there:

cabinetprog.jpg

and up and running with temporary bezel. I have lexan in front of the monitor. measured the monitor, taped off one side and spraypainted around the square. I just don't have a pic right now.

awesumsause.jpg

took 6 months to build from start to fully configured and running. the last couple of months were just software based.

it was fun and I hardly play with it but I still love it.

Wow :eek:

Nice work, that is amazing. Whenever i see a garage arcade setup it makes me think of the documentary "King of Kong" (an epic tale of good and evil revolving around the world record high score on the original Donkey Kong arcade game).

HAHAHAHA! BUSTED! NO BEER PONG ON MY CONTROL PANEL! Besides it's slanted so good luck trying to play beer pong on it lol

HAHAHAHA! BUSTED! NO BEER PONG ON MY CONTROL PANEL! Besides it's slanted so good luck trying to play beer pong on it lol
:lol: na, that is way to cool to play beer pong on. So are you going to rent the room for birthday parties? Mine is coming up in May. Hint, hint. :lol:

I think he may have believed you on that one, that was a close one, so its on for the major beer pong event in may via the cool game console, Yeah brotha!!! Wait did I say that out loud?

aw thanks Hertarem45. I do tattoos and illustrate for a living. lots of practice lol.

ismart, Im down. But you gotta fly all the way to california.

Latest posts