loose fruit flies

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Every time I make cultures I lose some flies, many flies, OK, mega flies.... :rolleyes:

Tonight I decided that the loose flies were not to be gather up any longer, that thought lasted 2 seconds! :tt2:

Then I decided that they were like POW's if they got loose they should be allowed to escape and live, but them the enemy descended from my hand before I could even stop myself and caught and then killed some of them, so the war is still on..... see what happens to a good mind when left alone all day and night with bugs? :lol:

My wife blames me for every fruit fly loose in the house or any fly for that matter. <_<

I don't culture ffs, but they like to visit the banana hammock, and my roach cultures if I am feeding them fruit. I get blamed for the ffs but what about the banana hammock? :rolleyes: They will find their way to those bananas anyway. :lol:

I have put nymphs as fly control on top of my cultures and they can't get them all. After I remove the friuts that the roaches didn't eat in one night, I trap most of the flies in a container using the leftovers, and then feed them to creatures or throw them out side. A couple of trappings usually clears things right up for me, and if I have any small nymphs or spiders to feed, they get treats. B)

I don't culture ffs, but they like to visit the banana hammock, and my roach cultures if I am feeding them fruit. I get blamed for the ffs but what about the banana hammock? :rolleyes: :lol:
:blink: What is a banana hammock to you?

could it be the hangie thing that u hang a bunch on? :unsure: I hate to think it is undies :lol:

pardon the post! but that could be most embarassing to have fruit flies follow one around! :tt2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ours doesn't look like an actual hammock, but I have seen some for sale that do. Mine is a structure with a hook for hanging bananas. :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I don' t use underwear to hang my bananas. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lmao!

I always tend to use two containers to keep my ff's in when im handling them. The culture goes into the larger box and in-case any escape during transfer they end up in the larger box and are easily scooped up :)