losing popularity

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
as a pretty new member, i enjoy reading through different threads for info on mantises and just abt the forum in general. its kind of depressing seeing how active it used to be here and its a shame i was like a small child LOL does anybody know why this forum kind of died a bit?

as a pretty new member, i enjoy reading through different threads for info on mantises and just abt the forum in general. its kind of depressing seeing how active it used to be here and its a shame i was like a small child LOL does anybody know why this forum kind of died a bit?
New formats mate. Forums in general are dying. People have migrated to places like Discord and Facebook for the mantis hobby. I do like to check in on the forum every so often just to enjoy the slower pace. If you want to see the other places, head over to the MantisHQ on Discord. Facebook has multiple mantis groups too such as MantisMeet.

Yeah it's basically social media that has killed forums. Now everyone goes to instagram, facebook, discord etc. But I prefer forums to social media any day. It is quite sad how unactive it has become over the years since I joined.

Yeah it's basically social media that has killed forums. Now everyone goes to instagram, facebook, discord etc. But I prefer forums to social media any day. It is quite sad how unactive it has become over the years since I joined.
The forums were never for immediate gratification but everybody making their own free forums on instant media formats and immediate responses have killed the traffic. Problem is each forum is more like a library and the social media forums are tiktoks but all knowledge libraries will probably just be a 10 second video about the past in the future.

i was actually talking about mantid forum with someone on the mantis hq on discord, this forum is slowly coming back to life, but very slowly. i tend to use discord and reddit because there are so many more active people on there, but i make sure to check in here at some point every day. i like reading back on all the old posts here, its a shame i was so young when it was popular

A lot of people are heading to social media platforms.

There are not a lot of pet forums anymore because they have been closed down. The only suggestion I have is to put a new forum section for Reptiles and other types of pets.

Latest posts