Lost my Grandpa Today

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agent A

the autistic flower mantis
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so here is the story of how i lost my grandparents

so when I was in 7th grade, we noticed my grandpa displaying signs of alzhiemer's disease

at the beginning of my 8th grade year, my grandmother got cancer and she died almost 10 months ago (it will be 10 months in a week), and my mom,my sister and i took care of my grandfather i spent much of my time there and we ate dinner there and took care of him, and it got tough as his health declined and we started to argue more and have a hard time getting along (my mom, sister and i)

despite this we still stuck together and were a good family, but thursday night i had an odd dream

the background to it is, abt 5 years ago he was in the hospital sick and his tomato seedlings died, so i started new ones for him, but i started too many and planted some in his compost pile, and they got huge and every year since then we put tomato plants in the pile

but thursday night i had a dream where a godess of wisdom visited me telling me to plant his tomatoes in my garden, implying he died since if he did we'd have to sell the house and blah blah, obviously you dont plant stuff at a vacant house

friday he had trouble breathing and saturday afternoon he was admitted into the hospital

yesterday i visited and we went home at about 8

after getting out of the shower, we got a call and rushed back to the hospital (which is within walking distance but we drove), and when we got there he was gone

now there r many more details but they r personal and i'm not comfortable sharing them

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex, I'm so sorry for your loss and the difficult times you must have had. Alzheimer's disease is not something I've had to personally deal with in my family. But I used to work for an organization (Wilder Foundation) that ran several programs. One of them was an Adult Day Care program for Alzheimer's patients. I worked in Information Technology but had to go to the site often to train people or fix equipment. One of my first memories at Wilder is an encounter I had with a client there.

Anyway, my thoughts are with you, and I hope you are doing OK.

Sort of had the same thing happen today. My grandpa on my dad's side had died before I was born, and then my grandma found out she was a lesbian. So, I called my 82 yr old family friend my grandpa. I just found out that he has several weeks left after fighting cancer.

I hope you feel better now. I find looking at mantids therapeutic.

Sort of had the same thing happen today. My grandpa on my dad's side had died before I was born, and then my grandma found out she was a lesbian. So, I called my 82 yr old family friend my grandpa. I just found out that he has several weeks left after fighting cancer.

I hope you feel better now. I find looking at mantids therapeutic.
poor lady :(

mantises can be theraputec, except popa spurca, since they barely do anything lol

Argh, I'm bit late but I'm terribly sorry and I'm sending condolences and prayers your way! I lost my cousin the day after last Christmas and I know exactly how you feel. He was like an older brother to me and died a pretty bad way...tears me up to think of it, but death is a strange thing. More so when it happens in your family. All I can say is stay strong, and always remember those good memories!