• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Luna Moth overwintering cocoons for sale

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantispixel

Reaction score
Overwintering cocoons of Actia luna, aka Luna Moth. These are the overwintering form that hatches in the spring and have MUCH BRIGHTER COLOR GREEN and more pink and purple on body and on the wing edges. The overwintering moths in general are smaller with longer more beautiful tails and lots of color. The summer broods are larger with broader wings, shorter tails and much more muted colors. If you have never hatched out Luna cocoons kept overwinter you have DEFINITELY NOT had the full luna experience. They are so much prettier than summer forms that there is no comparison. $5 each, 10 cocoons for $4.50 each, 25 or more $4 each. I only have a few a dozen and fill orders in the order they are paid for. I have very limited interest in trading but only for some of the unusual, hard to get roach species. Please contact me via e-mail or PM.

were are you located? also can they be left out to hatch? or do they have to continue the dormant period till sping? thanx!

were are you located? also can they be left out to hatch? or do they have to continue the dormant period till sping? thanx!
This thread is over two months old.

Overwintering cocoons of Actia luna, aka Luna Moth. These are the overwintering form that hatches in the spring and have MUCH BRIGHTER COLOR GREEN and more pink and purple on body and on the wing edges. The overwintering moths in general are smaller with longer more beautiful tails and lots of color. The summer broods are larger with broader wings, shorter tails and much more muted colors. If you have never hatched out Luna cocoons kept overwinter you have DEFINITELY NOT had the full luna experience. They are so much prettier than summer forms that there is no comparison. $5 each, 10 cocoons for $4.50 each, 25 or more $4 each. I only have a few a dozen and fill orders in the order they are paid for. I have very limited interest in trading but only for some of the unusual, hard to get roach species. Please contact me via e-mail or PM.
Any luna's available now? Email me

Latest posts