LUNA MOTH!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone read about or seen for themselves, Luna cats, that pupated together, in the wild?

It is interesting how the behaviors of captive insects will be different from live ones.

I only recently saw my first Luna. It was one of the most awesome things I have experienced.

Living in a suburban area most of my life, there weren't enough wooded spots for them to come to.

When I stayed in the mountains, we saw them regularly.

On the first time, we were trying to train my dog to find my daughter. She would go into the woods with a treat and I would command him to stay until a certain amount of time had passed. One time, my daughter came back early, but with a female Luna. I decided to let it slide and the training was done for the evening.

I was amazed when a male came for her the following night. I saw him coming from quite a distance and he actually found her in her net cage! I have seen males come to females the same way, when I placed the girls in certain trees near the home.

They have an awesome sense of smell!

If only it would work that well when I put my female Stagmomantis carolina out in a net cage. Lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one diapausing cocoon. My cecropia hatched early yesterday!! :( and i don't have a male!!! :( i feel bad cuz she keeps laying eggs and none will be fertile :(

very depressing :(

8422042764_fc4821b67d_z.jpg

8420946171_bb15e6cf03_z.jpg

8422041070_7090c3b3d9_z.jpg

8420944275_51b8c77867_z.jpg

8420943291_3b9d030379_z.jpg

Latest posts