Macro photography

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tapos

Reaction score
what kind of camera's do you use? i see some very nice pictures on this site. my camera won't focus that close. i want to upgrade, money is an object.

I didn't think my camera was up to it but it has 4mpixels. I couldn't focus it I got really close so I just got as I could and took the pic. When i uploaded it to my PC it was huge soe I just cropped the bit I wanted.....got some nice pics that way. You might need a tripod to get a really sharp shot though.

I'm sure others will be able to recommend a good camera if you do decide to upgrade,

Alan

If money's an object, then grab the acer cr-8530. It is 8mp, alot of people side stepped it when first released for only just over £100 (in uk obviously) because it was 'too cheap' to be any good, the prices have now gone up, but they are still very cheap and are a great intro to higher quality photography, i highly recommend a tripod for it, but it's top notch for the money. It also does macro video, is boxed with a charger etc... Unless you're a strict professional photographer, you cannot lose with it.

i realise yur probably after it to do good pics of mantids but if ya wanna tkae pics of even smaller things good i recommend getting one of those scope things from a gadget shop, for about £5. if ya attach it to the lens of a cheap camera with tape ya can do some incredible pics.

if yur after after a good macro camera though look for high optical zoom ( rather than digital zoom ) and also see if it has a Macro option, a lot of new ones do

I have a nikon coolpix 5200. Really nice cam, 5.2 mega pixel, great macro function, and pretty small for what it is. I only think it was about £150 odd I paid for it as well.

Cheers,

Ian

I've got second hand Nikon D70 digital slr. Spent a year and a half saving up for that, now i need to save another year of so for a macro lense...(or i can blow my student loan on it)

dslr are brilliant though!!

Seeing that i do not have a macro lense, i have been using my camcorder with a 10X optical zoom. Does a fairly good job, but i need to set up the light source, as it doesn't have a flash. I guess it's good in a way, i like the constrast of the pictures ( flash photography when not done properly looks really unnatural). Shutter's speed is AWFUL though

http://www.livefoodshop.co.uk/forum/index....st&id=18593

Got a few other pretty decent photos, might upload them later.

xx

I have a canon A510 with an sakar high resolution close up filter kit it takes really nice pics the hole thing cost me 220.00usd

Here here for the D70! I'm still working out what all the buttons do though!

Not sure whether to go for a macro lens or get some extension rings...

Wrong forum! Moving it to the correct one..........

for anyone that hasnt got an amazing macro photo taking camera and cant afford one, you could get one of these:

t_16348_06.jpg

http://www.gadgetsuk.com/Spy-Scope-p-16348.html

they're only a fiver.

if ya just tape it to the front of any normal camera i've found ya can zoom in on really super microscopic things, like check this out, this fly is as big as a fruit fly, i took the pic with just a regular cheap camera - i cant even get this close with my 6mp macro camera! :

insecoidal2.jpg

this is the only pic i could find from when i did it, on this one i hadnt focused properly but you get the idea...

I'm thinking about getting the coolpix 5200. That telephoto lens is really neat. Does anyone know of any other cheap maco accessories availabe in the US?