Madmaz999-Introduction

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmaz999

Reaction score
Hello, I'm madmaz999,

Very recently I was doing some gardening and found a little mantis. I did some research and found that most species aren't really all that hard to keep so I decided to give it a go. I brought it inside and set up a little enclosure for it. Over the last few weeks I've had it, it has molted once.

As for me, I'm 25, I live in Portugal and well, I haven't been at this for long as I've stated. 

I wonder where I could post to see if someone can help me Identify the species.

Welcome to the forum! Definitely post a picture of your little guy and we should be able to ID it for you.

- MantisGirl13

Hello, thanks for the quick replies :) I can't really get clear pics of the little guy, but I manage to record a bit of video. He was mostly dirty white before he molted, it was only after that he got this green tint. And I caught him here in Portugal, so I guess that probably limits the possibilities. Also he has these weird black spots on his arms, you can see it in the video, is that a problem?

View attachment 20190618201526.mp4

Hey, I just went to take a look, because I never really looked closely. It does appear to have extremely small white dots inside the black dots.

Wow, those are actually illegal to keep where I live, so from my point of view, you've found something really special 😉 

Take good care of her!

Wow, those are actually illegal to keep where I live, so from my point of view, you've found something really special 😉 

Take good care of her!
They're everywhere here in Canada (Ontario and Quebec anyway). 

Keep them like any hardy temperate-zone species. 50/60pct and 20-30C. Tolerates 15-20C at night just fine. 

Dont soak them. 😉👌

Definitely looks like a European! Pretty easy to care for once they are past L2/

- MantisGirl13

20181003_013638.jpg

Mantissy 😢

Our very first mantis. 

Latest posts