maggots!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desana

Reaction score
im going to get maggots from the fishng shop to feed the flies my ghosts but oviously ive got to get them to the fly stage. i know you keep them cool and when you want them to pupate you take a few out and keep them somewhere warm. but do you feed the maggots to keep them alive if so what on cheers.

im going to get maggots from the fishng shop to feed the flies my ghosts but oviously ive got to get them to the fly stage. i know you keep them cool and when you want them to pupate you take a few out and keep them somewhere warm. but do you feed the maggots to keep them alive if so what on cheers.
go to www.spiderpharm.com and look it up there, he is the fly master!

I don't the maggots because they are kept in the fridge until time to bring out some. Once out they pupate within a day or two.

Maggots that you buy from a bait shop are about to pupate and will not eat at all. If you want large pupae then add a bit of water to the sawdust.

I don't the maggots because they are kept in the fridge until time to bring out some. Once out they pupate within a day or two.
I first let the maggots pupate and then stored them in the fridge. I take out a portion every 3-4 days and let them hatch at room temp. I have been keeping a portion of pupae in the fridge for over a month and they still hatch well.

Latest posts