Male Grass Mantid shed

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nursemelody

Reaction score
I know the pictures are a little blurry, and you can't see the wings, but they stretch the length of his body.. I have not seen them spread or being used, but I am thinking they only get the wings on the last molt, right?

P4070084.jpg

P4070095.jpg

P4070098.jpg

You should wait at least one week before trying to mate them. And make sure your female is very well fed before mating, or you might lose your male!

Okay I will wait the week... She is always well fed because I give her those waxworm moths she never finishes.... But for sure... I know of the dangers!

Wow, that is a thin mantid. It almost looks like a walkingstick. I hope he doesn't get eaten while mating. :sweatdrop:

Oh, and remember to distract your female with food before mating. If she's already eating, she'll be less likely to eat your male!

I know I probably shouldn't have, but I "introduced them" with supervision... There was no attacking on either side, and no attempt at mating.... They kind of just ignored each other... I will put them back together and see what happens in a couple of weeks.

mantidsmeet.jpg

mantidsmeet2.jpg

mantidsmeet3.jpg

Latest posts