male mental disorder

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massaman

Reaction score
Well I tried to make sure one of the chinese females I had recieved was bred to be sure and the two times I tried the female freaked out and my male must have a mental defect as he kind of got little rough on both accounts but after the separation on the second time the male sort of had a behavior problem as he would not let go of the outside of a net cage he was climbing when I tried to remove him and he kind of put a little pressure on my fingers with his raptorial arms but not enough to draw blood or hurt too much so just wondering what would you do in this case!

I've had male chinese go 'crazy' too...pulling out his own antennae...and worse.
I doubt that these are truly psychotic episodes but rather severe anxiety reactions. It is fairly easy to mitigate these behaviors by gut loading the prey insects with benzodiazepines. Give it a try!

gut loading the prey insects with benzodiazepines

you mean give a feeder insect drugs?

LOL.somehow i doubt benzos would have quite the same effect on an insect :)

I had a male archimantis that went nuts and ate its arm a while back. And, no, it wasnt infected or damaged - that is, until he started chewing on it!

Hello everyone, what happened to these "crazy" mantids? A week ago, my boyfriend's male T. sinensis had a shortened antenna and a broken tarsus. Two days ago, the other tarsus went missing. At first we thought he fell and broke his tarsus trying to catch his prey because he was found roaming the floor one day. Now, we think he has been chewing off his body parts because his arm got shorter again :(

strange thread, I'm very confused. Really don't understand the OP at all if I'm being completely honest.

Latest posts