Male Nymph Feeding

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13ollox

Reaction score
People say that when adult , females should be given food on a daily basis while males about twice a week . however does this apply to nymphs as well or do they eat just as much as the females ?

Neil

You can feed a male as often as you want and a female as little as you want when adults, its just how much they'll take. For example, i feed my adult dessicata females once a week with roaches, until they lay an ooth, they'll only eat 1 a week providing they were full the week before. When they drop an ooth, ill give them 3 or 4, then its once a week again.

As for nymphs, ther is no reason to do this, unelss you are working with a species where the male develops substancially faster than the female, then you may have to feed him less to slow his growth.

People say that when adult , females should be given food on a daily basis while males about twice a week . however does this apply to nymphs as well or do they eat just as much as the females ?Neil
Find out what works best for you. I feed all mantids every other day their whole lives. Gravid adult females I try and feed every day because they need more food during that time.

You're either unemployed, out of a relationship, or have a relativly low number of mantids if thats the case rick! Takes me a good 5+ hours to feed all of mine at one!

I have 19 mantids right now. Takes me fifteen minutes max to feed everybody. Add another fifteen for the snake, turtle, cats, and fish. I feed every other day except for gravid females which is everyday.

Latest posts