Male or female? ghost mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yen_saw

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please help Joe, trying to sex this ghost mantis....

Picture290.jpg

Picture289.jpg

Picture288.jpg

Picture287.jpg

If I were Joe, I'd tell you that you have a male there. :wink:

Thanks Yen for your help :D and thanks too everyone, i wasn't soo sure it was male because of its pretty bigfemale looking sheild. but now i know. and thanks ian, let me know when MF comes out with some :) .

Joe

Ok I didnt want to make another thread so I used this one to save space :wink: can someone attempt to sex this paradoxa for me? I'm not too sure about him and sorry about the crappy pic

Click on it to enlarge!

cant really see too well :? .

Try get a pic from above because at first I sexed mine by looking at the thorax since they segments were too small for my eyes to see properly. The male has a diamond shaped thorax and the female has a triangle shaped thorax. Well, this is what mine looked like and now adult I was right about it. It is quite easy to see so try get a pic of the top of it and I can help a little more maybe?

Cheers, Cameron.

Here are 2 more pics also crappy just click on them to enlarge. Francisco told me that he is a male so I belive him just want a second opinion.

yeah,

from what I can see it looks like a male. Looks similar to mine actually. (but has wings now :twisted: !)

looks nice. Let me tell you they fly like crazy or at least mine did once.

Cheers,Cameron.