Mantid books

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlcattau

Reaction score
Hi all. I am looking for titles of quality mantid books. Care, Iding, and all the good stuff.

A book that goes into detail about Philippine or South Asian species would be great. I will be going back there June or July of next year for a few weeks to dive. Might as well throw in some collecting while there.

Carl

Praying Mantids Keeping Aliens is a good care guide but isn't likely to help you identify any species.

--Rick, does the book you suggest have any of the information he's asking about: captive care, identification, or details about Philippine or South Asian species?

No it doesn't, I've read the book. It's a great book, but doesn't go into id or even "exotic" mantids in particular. Mainly focuses on experiments done on mantids, the outcome, etc.

From the reviews on Amazon it sounds like a good read either way. I have already ordered your book Orin.

I guess I'll keep searching for some kind of field guide to the area.

Carl

We need a good basic care guide and beginner book, too. If you fond anything, please let us know.

From the reviews on Amazon it sounds like a good read either way. I have already ordered your book Orin.

I guess I'll keep searching for some kind of field guide to the area.

Carl

It does have care info to some extent. I don't think there is a book that contains all that he is looking for.

Latest posts