Mantid Strikes compilation

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domanating

Reaction score
This is a compilation I made from a great number of clips I took of my Mantis religiosas catching their prey. Most of them, which are of better quality, were filmed in 2013.

Hope you enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nicely done! And the music is so great - it often matches up with when the mantis strikes. This must have taken you a lot of time.

I like the one at 2:05 best. It looks so clumsy! :lol:

~Wolfie

Now you need a video fo all the outtakes. Or maybe it is just my mantises that seem to have some epic fails when going after their food.

Epic fails? He should have come to my house! One of my big ladies would see the food in one direction and strike another! Then proceed to eat it when it was not there! Do they make glasses for praying mantids?

Really nice little production (and a lot of work!). I've been doing pro-am photography for decades and would love to dip my toe into video. But I think I'm too old for the learning curve (particularly editing). Really impressed how you edited the soundtrack to emphasize the action.

Really nice little production (and a lot of work!). I've been doing pro-am photography for decades and would love to dip my toe into video. But I think I'm too old for the learning curve (particularly editing). Really impressed how you edited the soundtrack to emphasize the action.
Thank you :)

This type of video editing is actually pretty straightforward and easy to learn. You just need the software to be able to work on it.

The soundtrack was not edited. I just arranged and the clips in a way to coincide with the hot spots of the music.

Latest posts