Mantid video - stars Blepharopsis mendicas

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markdneck

Reaction score
I actually went to Google Video and looked up "Mantis" and they have literally dozens of mostly feeding videos. I think I read where Google bought "You Tube" recently and that is where they transfer you. Some are done very well.

Newbie question; I am not up on latin names yet. What is a Blepharopsis mendicas in English? It sure does a job on a moth in one of those videos! The Owner of the pet Blepharopsis mendicas posted the video. Maybe he belongs to this group? Anyway, that is the kind of Mantid I want. What a little killer!

Google has a video button. They take you right to the You Tube video collection for mantids. There is a video of a large mantid catching a mouse, one fighting with a giant Japanese hornet and a couple of moth catching videos. Some of the videos, from the tag lines are taken by people who are aspiring nature videographers, some are shot by Mantid nuts llike us I guess.

I don't know if You Tube has sections for other predators or if mantids are the gladiators of the video world.

If you can't find it I'll find you a link.

Latest posts