Mantid with that?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraMG

Reaction score
So, I'm so flabbergasted by this, I had to share. I was speechless for about half an hour in awe of this little guy. I'll start at the beginning...

I got a box yesterday that was samples of sunscreen, so I took the sunscreen out and put the box next to the front door to be thrown out with the trash. Last night after I got home, my cat was FREAKING OUT on this box, and it was driving me a little crazy. I went over to see if it's a cricket or a June bug she's messing with, and in the paper of this box by the door is a Stagmomantis sp.!!! I thought it was my Carolina, but he's safely in his house! I'm fairly certain it's a Carolina too. I don't know how it got in or if it was stuck in the box, or what! I am pretty amazed by the presence of this little one.

IMGP6061.jpg

IMGP6056.jpg

IMGP6057.jpg

thats quite funny (i wish i had that luck!!!)and if your wondering about the sex of the mantis i'm 99.9% sure it is a male.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly this is a health conscious mantis who wanted to use some of those sunscreen samples to keep from getting sunburn. :p

I found one in the canned food aisle of a grocery store years ago. :lol:

lol they show up in the weirdest places. He's probably just a lazy mantis and would rather move in with you so you can catch his food for him. that way he just gets to hang out, eat, and mate. Sounds like the life to chose any day over being outside where stuff can eat you :p