Mantidforum members, I need your help

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aNisip

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am a member of the National Science Honor Society with my school and as a senior volunteered to do a mantis presentation. I will be covering the basics from what a mantis is, to how they mate and what an ooth is...also, I will be showing the great variety that mantids come in and all their shapes and sizes and colors. I am asking your guys' help to borrow some species for nothing other than me paying shipping (both ways)...I am looking for adult pairs (if possible) of creos, pseudo creos, ghosts, rhombodera (stalli or valida) , texicorns, cilinia, blue (or) black flash, metals, and sibylla pretosia. Sorry for the abbreviatons, but I don't want new off topic arguments abt how I spelled something wrong or how I couldve also spelled it. PM for details or if you are able to help, or you can post here. Thank you very much those who can help!

I will need them early April, and for one week.

All the best,

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll throw a very little exhibition in my college next tuesday too. But sorry, can not help you for some items cause i'm in China. I will send my best wishes.

Thanks A, ill need them early April for a week, hopefully you can find a heat pack...xie xie zead for the support, hope yours goes well too!

I have a pair of unicorns that seem to have taken a vow of celibacy. You can use them, but the male is really old and I don't know how much more time he has left.

I really would like to help Andrew but all my adults are being paired up for mating, or you know I would help you in a second.

I can likely help with a couple Andrew, Im really unsure as to what species, if you wanted nymphs or younger ones it would be easier.

Its ok Alex, I already have lobata and hymenopus, thanks tho...ur creos will do just fine :) Nick I understand, thanks for thinking abt me bud. Michael, I only want adults bc I would like to show the different variations in color and the different shapes and sizes, being adult makes it easier in terms of borrowing so the only issue I have to worry abt is feeding, giving water, and monitor for ooth laying...I don't have to worry abt mismolts and such while in transit and in my care... thanks again

Sorry Andrew, but my only adults are breeding pairs like Nick. My female spiny flower was just mated and is very fat and about to lay, and im waiting on my hymenopus to molt to adult to mate with the male

I've only got creo adults, but I think the Mime, Alex and myself triangle will figure out a way to get you some creos.

being adult makes it easier in terms of borrowing so the only issue I have to worry abt is feeding, giving water, and monitor for ooth laying...I don't have to worry abt mismolts and such while in transit and in my care... thanks again
Very considerate, not to mention very wise of you to go about it that way. ;)

Sorry, I don't have any of those species and only have nymphs right now. But if you change your mind and want Lineola, Limbata, and Sinensis nymphs, you can have some and you don't have to return them.

Garin

Might want to verify you can display exotics. I can't even bring them to Bugfest without a permit. I am sure you are fine, but just wanted to throw that out there. Don't want to see anybody get in trouble over something silly.

I'm happy to hear that many members are doing well with their breeding efforts, I understand that, thanks for the acknowledgement...so far I have a female unicorn (maybe pair) ...a creo pair from alex and maybe an additional one from Andrew (aychen) and Mime combined. Garin I really appreciate your reaching out and should be able to take you up on the lineola offer (most likely). Also thanks BT for volunteering w/e you can help with! And Rick, I plan on having the right Permits by the time I have the presentation; thanks for the heads up! ;)

Anybody else got any other sp on my list? I would really like to have metals (if possible) And Kiet, if ur reading this...I saw your Harlem Shake vid, you had like 20 ghost (loose estimate ;) ) If anybody has ghosts, and willing to help, it is greatly appreciated!

All the best,

Andrew

Latest posts