Mantis doodles

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeesKnees

Reaction score
Not a photo, but I've been designing fictional mantids based on real mantids. I had a lot of fun with these ones, and I'll probably do more :> You guys like mantids, so I figured I'd share them here

tumblr_n8rglyR81g1qfd61lo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n8rglyR81g1qfd61lo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n8rglyR81g1qfd61lo3_1280.jpg

Maybe you can guess which species they're based on!

^ What he said, though I think second is hestiasula or a boxer species.

How long do these take you to make? And what do you use to make them with? They're really amazing!

Can you draw me one if I send you the mantis? :3

Yay! You guys have nailed it!
The first one's a wandering violin, second is a Boxer mantis (Otomantis sp.) nymph, and the last one is indeed a Choeradodis

I'm super happy you guys like 'em :D

@Aryia I actually take commissions for these guys, I sell custom designs for 40$ each * U* <3

I like them all. Love the colors on the first and the eyes on the third. You give them so much personality. The fist one is full of attitude and thinks she's just the bees knees "Who, me?". Pun majorly intended. :lol:

Awesome art, do you have any online galleries or like tumblr or anything?

Know someone who would also love your work.

Not a photo, but I've been designing fictional mantids based on real mantids. I had a lot of fun with these ones, and I'll probably do more :> You guys like mantids, so I figured I'd share them here
tumblr_n8rglyR81g1qfd61lo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n8rglyR81g1qfd61lo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n8rglyR81g1qfd61lo3_1280.jpg

Maybe you can guess which species they're based on!
I love these! Awesome! You dont often see mantid artwork. I want more! Do you have a DA account?

I guess the first one is based on an Idolo, the second is based on the Boxer mantis, and the third is Deroplatys!

No need to make any guesses when the answers are in the 7th post. At least you got one right. :lol:

Yay! You guys have nailed it!
The first one's a wandering violin, second is a Boxer mantis (Otomantis sp.) nymph, and the last one is indeed a Choeradodis

I'm super happy you guys like 'em :D

No need to make any guesses when the answers are in the 7th post. At least you got one right. :lol:
Oh I didn't catch that, I don't always read the entire thread, haha yeah one out of three, I'm pretty awesome! :clown:

Woops, I'm not sure what you're asking--But deviantart is just a general art site :]

In other news, I drew my favorite lady, Penh!

tumblr_nawdkr6lts1tkp6iao1_1280.jpg

Latest posts