Mantis doodles

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask and you shall receive! :D
I did these ones as little graphics for subscription tiers on patreon page:

2w6t1jp.jpg

You've already seen the last one, but I needed to include it with this for obvious reasons :D I have too much fun drawing these animals.
I'm so happy folks love the drawings so!

That is awesome... so cool you have a gift...

When European dwarf mantis hatch.. I want you to make me a cartoon.. with it as a little Italian bald guy... LOL.. Long story!!!

Here are some custom designed mantis nymphs for my two 60$ patrons on patreon!

tumblr_ncvnzo0HEz1tkp6iao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncvnzo0HEz1tkp6iao2_1280.jpg

It's a fun little "adoptables" thing I've been doing where I send my top tier patrons an "adoption form" which they fill out, and based on their responses, I pick a mantis species and design a fictitious nymph specific to their expressed tastes. For as long as they remain a patron, their nymph will "molt" once a month, and so every month, I will draw an illustration of their mantid's newest instar! :D Until finally, they have an adult.

I have way too much fun drawing these = u= <3!

Last edited by a moderator:
How does that patreon thing work?

Seen a lot of artists on FA start to do it but i havent looked into yet, i just stick with the bog standard pay for your own commission kinda thing.

And that Idolo is adorable :3

Patreon is pretty nifty. It essentially allows you to do monthly "subscriptions" to your favorite artists/creators. You just set up an account, visit the patreon page of the artist you with to subscribe to, pick the payment tier you want to sign up for, and become a patron! The website transfers the money automatically during the first week of every month, and if you ever get tired of patroning someone, you can easily unsubscribe yourself from them :D

It's a very handy tool for patrons and creators alike, I'm impressed with it, so far!

And thanks for the kind words, guys!! * U* <33

hehe thanks a ton, guys!!
Here are the mantis drawings for my top tier patreon subscribers this month!:

tumblr_nexjsnuLhE1tkp6iao3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nexjsnuLhE1tkp6iao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nexjsnuLhE1tkp6iao2_1280.jpg

I have too much fun drawing fictional mantises ; A; <3

How cute! I just love your drawings.. beautiful, simply beautiful... Thanks again for sharing them with us!

I love the gonitista. It looks just like mine. My gonatista even has that same foot missing

Latest posts