Mantis Galore/ Aaliyah White

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I traded my green ghost female to Aaliyah for her Fusca female. She packaged her well, sent her via express with a heat pack, and even delayed shipping because of the weather. She also included fly pupae,containers,a molt history and a care sheet! Aaliyah cares about her mantids and it definitely shows in her work . She went above and beyond with the packaging of the parcel which took much hard work and dedication and I highly recommend her to all keepers! Thank you so much and I will not hesitate to do business with you again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded my green ghost female to Aaliyah for her Fusca female. She packaged her well, sent her via express with a heat pack, and even delayed shipping because of the weather. She also included fly pupae,containers,a molt history and a care sheet! Aaliyah cares about her mantids and it definitely shows in her work . She went above and beyond with the packaging of the parcel with took much hard work and dedication and I highly recommend her to all keepers! Thank you so much and I will not hesitate to do business with you again.
Thank you so much! I'm glad she made it! I hope to do business with you again too and I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Just bought my first Indian flower mantids and a nice pair of Fusca. All very lovingly packaged, warm healthy active little babies. Great communication and A1 seller, pleasure to know and do business with! Thank you!

Thank you so much! You are a very wonderful breeder and keeper and this hobby deserves to have you! I am glad my mantids have another loving home to live in.

Just bought my first Indian flower mantids and a nice pair of Fusca. All very lovingly packaged, warm healthy active little babies. Great communication and A1 seller, pleasure to know and do business with! Thank you!

easy to get ahold of - communicates well - photos provided - specimens arrived in great shape - packaged with care

I recommend working with Aaliyah!

Great communicating with, very friendly and informational, fantastic shipping (all 6 nymphs successfully molted during shipping), provided pictures and even included an extra. I will definitely do buisness again in the future. A+++ seller

I received a young breeding pair of Orchids from Aaliyah this morning ... a bit of a scare at first as they appeared to be DOA.  What a joy to find that they were just asleep with the cold!  (I've never trusted heat packs <_< )

Aaliyah has been a pure delight to deal with, this will definitely continue.  :D

Got my Red armed pair from this breeder last night and they where all boxed up nice and snug with a heat pack. great work and beautiful healthy looking mantids. this breeder cares very much for hr mantids and i will defiantly buy from her again!!!

Did a trade with Aaliyah - all the mantises were lovingly packed in nicely designed enclosures, and arrived happy and healthy. Super fast shipping, lightning fast communication, and great packing. This trade meant a lot to me, she came to the rescue with this trade - I had been inbreeding my own stock for too long, and without any new blood, my stock would've been toast with the upcoming generation. 

And not to mention, she's a fantastic person to chat with! Two thumbs up and highly recommended. :D

Thanks again Aaliyah and hope to deal with you again!  :)

Aaliyah has been great to work with fast responses, and quick to answer questions, would recommend her to anyone, in fact I just recently did , to a friend of mine for some Orchids she had available.

Aaliyah is always great to work with!  I received last week a male Orchid and a pair of female Cryptics, all shipped to me with excellent packaging.

Thank you Aaliyah!!  :)

I pm ed Aaliyah on May 9 regarding her ad of mantis for sale, the violins. I requested 5 L2's At that time she told me they were not

molted yet and would let me know when they did.

I noticed another ad on 5/15 and pm ed her again asking for the 5. She gave me a price and we agreed upon it and I sent her the money.

After I paid her she emailed me and asked for another $5.00 for the paypal fee. I did not answer right away as I wanted to think about the

request. I told her today that we agreed upon a price and I sent that. I asked her if she sent them out and she replied " sending out when weather permits"

She then posted immediately " s this okay? If not I can try and get them out today but tomorrow's westher does not look too good and Im out of heat packs. "

and again " I should also mention that I kept them in groups so I am not sure who molted and who did not. " and again" Should I ship Thursday for Friday/ Saturday delivery? The weather looks good then.. . I replied (because I asummed as she posted they were L2's in her ad that being paid that day she would of sent them out first thing monday.)

I wanted her to ship Wednesday as I would not be here wed and I could not receive them fri or sat. Then I saw her other posts and told her, i just seen all your posts, they will def need a heat pack. Also I purchased L2s so I do not want first instar. 

Her reply " I will have to refund you then. Honestly I dont want to cause you trouble and I dont have any heat packs. I feel this will come back on me in a negative way. Thank you so much! Aaliyah .

my reply"

I told her she should of had heat packs available if she was selling these .

How can you sell and not be prepared? I order these over a week ago when you first 

placed the ad. So you had a week to get ready while they molted. You can fix this if you go

purchase a heat pack and send them tomorrow. I have copied the rest of our conversation, Please note, I wrote about gender as she said guarantee

gender, and then changed it after I replies about gender to AGE.
  •  

MantisGalore 32

Replied: 7 hours ago · Report

I have found a heat pack but I cannot guarantee age*, most have molted to L2 but not all so I am not sure who is what. I feel that either way I will receive negative feedback from you
  •  

hibiscusmile 365

No, not so, I dont want to hurt anyone and only wish to be treated as I treat others. I never asked

for gender so thats not a problem. It does not matter their sex. It just matters that u send L2's and they are

easy to tell as the newborn look different after they molt.
  •  

MantisGalore 32

I am trying to treat you fairly as I strive for satisfaction but looking within the group I dont see differences.  It may be best to refund you at this point
  •  

hibiscusmile 365

I would rather you wait till your sure and then send them next week, I can tell my customers they will be a

week late.
  •  

MantisGalore 32

I have refunded you. If you would like to reorder once I get heat packs I can help you then. I dont want to hold your money without you getting the item (atleast I would like to be treated that way)
  •  

She refunded before I had a chance to say anything more.

The reason I am writing a review is that she has posted ads and then was unable to fulfill her ads. I did not hear from her after the purchase to say

when she would ship or anything until she needed $5.00 more dollars. While I do not like to leave feedback as I try to hold my peace and leave people

alone when buying from them. But she changed her story today so much and took up so much of my time while I had work to do that I feel a review is

needed here. She changed her story about the heat packs, first she did not have any, then she did, then she didn't. I feel Asliyah is not a good breeder

as she has mantis she cannot tell if they molted or not. If that is so, why post AD's saying she has l2? I suppose she thinks most people will not know the

difference of instars.  Some people fall into the mantis explosion for profit and forget about the insect itself. The violin

as just a few in the hobby change when the 2nd molt happens. Orchids turn pink & white instead of red & black, idolos turn brown after being hatched black.

Creos turn their brown and white color after a hatch of red and black ect......Saying all that, anyone can hatch an ooth, nature does the work. Breeding

and raising is a different story.  Sorry if this hurts you Aaliyah, but the facts speak for themselves. I noticed you said to reorder when you get heat packs, but

I don't want to risk upsetting my customers once again when I told them I would find the species for them and then had to renege. Problem all lies with her lying about the age of the mantis in the TWO posts she posted in the sale ads here and on facebook. She ahs also lied in saying she refunded the day I ordered.

Gee, I am the only person with colder weather? Lying does not change anything, You said u quickly tell everyone they are L1, well u did

NOT tell me that and AND, u twice posted a week apart they were L2, so You are lying .You need to look at yourself in the mirror girl. The emails are

all posted here, so everyone can read them,  don't waste anymore of my time.

You ordered the violins the same day I refunded you.I have been shipping with supplies that "balance" temperature and do not require heat packs. I have had success with this and will not change my method because of one transaction. I do not care about the money and had no problem refunding you. You should not advertise animals you do not have in your possession . You are responsible for upsetting your customers not myself. When people ask about the violins they are quickly made aware that they are L1. Im sorry that you could not flip my mantids Rebecca.

Warmest Regards,

Aaliyah

Edit: 

Rebecca is partially accurate. I did not refund her the same day (she paid the night before I refunded her) However she is lying when she says she ordered them a week prior to the refund. Here is the evidence

image.jpeg

I ordered a pair of violins and a pair of giant shields from Aaliyah. 

I may just be unlucky, but the package came this afternoon and everything was DOA. 

The shields were shipped together. One was partially eaten and the other died molting. 

The gongy container had an excessive amount of dirt, sphagnum moss, and excelsior. I found one of the bodies crushed underneath the material, and I could not even locate the body of the second. 

There was an extra ooth and a mystery nymph included, but it died as well.

*Edit:

I am sure it was not your intention for them to perish. When I first saw the box, there was dirt and debris everywhere in the Gongy container, and the paper towel with the Giant Shields was overturned; I assume all of that was ment to stay at the bottom, which alludes to carelessness of the postal service. I understand it's a risk we all take.

I'm not sure how the mystery nymph in the little deli cup died though.

Had everything survived, it would have been a fantastic order with plenty of extras. 

Not to start a debate or anything, but I will say that Aaliyah was always very honest about the sex and instar of the nymphs. It was made clear to me that their genders were not guaranteed, and almost every question was answered within the hour.

Overall- communication was exceptional, but perhaps packing method should be revisited. 

I ordered from this breeder, a breeing pair of red armed mantis (Hierodula venosa), I was happy untill they reached adults were i found out they were both females. I cant breed 2 females. I messaged her about the issue and she said there was nothing she was gonna do about it. She said i could buy more. 

Why are you selling mantises to people when you cant even tell what gender they are.

Latest posts