Mantis ID please?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dracomancer

Reaction score
this girl(yes she is a female) whom i have named Sonya was found outside just walking on the sidewalk..she is huge compared to other mantis i have found out here, she is very docile yet energetic, shes a lovely light gold color, was wondering what she may be...i live in the high desert of southern ca, also sorry for the bad pic..used cell camera

Photo-02762.jpg

Nice European mantid. How long is it? Is it more than 3 inches?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this after a molt or something I thought all European mantids were greenish with maybe some brown. I love the way she looks hope I find one like that so I can breed her with my male maybe she could pass on the genes and after a few years end up with all my mantids like that.

Is this after a molt or something I thought all European mantids were greenish with maybe some brown. I love the way she looks hope I find one like that so I can breed her with my male maybe she could pass on the genes and after a few years end up with all my mantids like that.
That color is not uncommon for them.

Hey is it possible for a chinese to look like that cause I like the size of them better so thats what I think I'm gonna End up with the most of. A really big one like that would be my dream mantis.

Latest posts