Mantis, mantis, Who can find....

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmina

Reaction score
the mantis? I have a few pics where it is really hard to find the mantis... So I thought you might like searching for the mantis too...

A;

B;

C;

D;

E.

I have a few others to add... but I figured I would start with these

Anyone else have some to add? Feel free to add them here

the mantis? I have a few pics where it is really hard to find the mantis... So I thought you might like searching for the mantis too...

I have a few others to add... but I figured I would start with these

Anyone else have some to add? Feel free to add them here
Oh wow haha! those are hard! mantids doing what they do best... Blending in!

I found all but C! is that one just a leg?? lol

Edit: oooh, not just a leg, i found it!! haha dang that one was difficult

Last edited by a moderator:
A: just below center.

B: just below upper right

C: just left of center, on the stem

D: in center, on bottom of leaf.

E: upper right

I found them all quickly, but it isn't like I even need mantises to randomly see them. So many times when I'm outside I'll see a random shape out of the corner of my eye that will make me go, MANTIS!!!!.... oh wait nevermind it is a twig. I've clearly have mantis on the brain. :eek:nline2long:

I found them all quickly, but it isn't like I even need mantises to randomly see them. So many times when I'm outside I'll see a random shape out of the corner of my eye that will make me go, MANTIS!!!!.... oh wait nevermind it is a twig. I've clearly have mantis on the brain. :eek:nline2long:
Yep. I have what is known as "the eye." I can find them with ease in the wild.

for me I have slowly become better and better at spotting mantids. originaly when i went on tripsa to florida I could only sweep net brunners, but now I can just spot them in the tall grass. And now im sometimes able to spot gonatista on the bark of a tree without scaring them to run first. Here in NY I see tenodera EVERYWHERE i go while it used to be very difficult to find them.

I am glad you all enjoyed the hide and seek.. I will look up the other photos and put them up...

Now that you found them.... Can you name them?

Anyone else have any to share?

I am glad you all enjoyed the hide and seek.. I will look up the other photos and put them up...

Now that you found them.... Can you name them?

Anyone else have any to share?
Cool!

A.) Idolo

B.) Idolo

C.) Not sure, Budwing??

D.) Tenodera

E.) Idolo

I'll take some later and add em in!

Latest posts