Mantis Noob

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyedPiper

Reaction score
Hi folks!  Here for my mandatory introduction. ?

I'm new to mantids, but I've been researching them for some time.  I became aware that mantid collecting, keeping and breeding was a "thing" when I got into carnivorous plants years ago.

I'm hoping to get some tips and tricks here... but mostly... some mantids!  I'm not having much luck with online vendors. I'm in Southwest Michigan. 

Thanks for having me!

Hello! I just got my first mantid from Peter through bugsincyberspace and I've put myself on the waitlist for a bunch of mantids from mantiskingdom. I'd love to pick your brain on carnivorous plant stuff someday!

Thanks!  I can't seem to get ahold of anyone for mantids.  I have a few species in mind.

Sure I can pass on what I've learned from my time with carnivorous plants.  Message me.

Welcome to the forum! I would recommend buying from Patty at MantidsGalore.com, or Deshawn at MantidKingdom.com. Good luck on getting some mantids!

- MantisGirl13

Welcome to mantidforum, from one noob to another! I am going to try and breed my mantids...if successful, maybe one day we could trade an ooth for a carnivorous plant? I've had no luck purchasing one here in TN. I've seen plenty of pitcher plants and a few vft's here, but they never look healthy. 

Best of luck on your mantid search! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums @FlyedPiper

I got into mantiskeeping the same way, carnivorous plants. This is a great place to learn from experienced keepers and find reputable breeders to buy from. Good luck in choosing a mantis!

Latest posts