Mantis Photo Gallery - everyone contribute!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13ollox

Reaction score
Hi peeps ,

After a suggestion from nympho . ive decided to scrap the whole pay entry thing . i wanted something that people would of worked towards but then again it might put some people in some kind of real engagement to win and that would be unfair .

rules are that it must be your own photos . so not stealing other peoples . if people complain it will be further investigated.

sorry to Christian and mantis keeper and nympho who i asked to be my judges but the page has been made so everybody can now take a vote . obvisiously you can still comment and choose your fave .

How to vote .

Simply click on the image in the gallery you want to view, and then rate it out of 5 in the vote option, below the photo.

thank you to ian for making this site : www.insectstore.com/mantidgallery

Okay, I have made a small gallery which gives the option for REGISTERED users to vote. Will require those posting AND voting to sign up....altho if admin could get to the database, would be able to copy across the SQL so no one needed to sign up...but will only take you a few mintues.You will need to upload your photo on the appropriate catagory, and need to CREATE a thumbnail, of 90x90 pixels (or under.) Obviosuly creating a thumbnail will mean you will get more interest in your photos, if you don't upload a thumbnail, a test image will appear in its place. You will see what I mean when you get to it
hope this is clear . sorry if it isnt but i'm absolutly shatterd at this moment in time. if there is something you dont understand just post a comment !

thanks for your time and hope you enjoy the competition !

Neil

Hi,

I've tried to post a photo for the competition, but no luck. I must be doing something wrong. Is it just coincidence that no one else has posted a photo yet either?

Hi all,

I just want to encourage all of you to enter photos in the mantid photography competition! I uploaded a bunch of my pics today and noticed there weren't many entries yet. Keep them coming!!

Okay, well hope this wasn't to much of a rash decision I made :D

I kinda scapped the idea of a photo comp for now...there wasn't a huge amount of interest, and there was no conclusion on prizes, etc. So, I deleted all current photo entries, and changed it to an all over public photo contribution database.

Thought as so many people like to share their photos, why not share them in one place. So, those who had already signed up, you can still login with your details, and post your photos in the correct species gallery. If you are unsure, then most them in the miscellaneous gallery, and will get someone to speciate them. Those who haven't signed up and posted anything, then get your butt over and share some of your photos with the rest of us!

Same link, www.insectstore.com/mantidgallery

That could be done, although like an account programmed poll, on this type of gallery I think users can vote as many times as they want....I could try and find a mod to fix this though. Found one for the auto-thumbnailer.

Ok im the new boy today and thought i would post some Mantid pics for you here, took them all by myself and boy did i take hundreds of pics just to get these few lol, but here they are, first 2 pics are of my 2 Orchid Mantis and they are doing really well so far, and the other is of a African Mantis i think, but the place i go it from doesnt know what it is, thats the last picture.

OrchidPrayingMantisIMG_04812COPY.jpg

orchidPrayingMantis100_0085.jpg

AfricanPrayingMantisSpodro1-1.jpg

The last pic is not an african mantis just so you know.

[SIZE=12pt]Rick Hi,[/SIZE] :arrow:

Thanks for letting me know about the last mantis pic, been trying to find out what it could be, bought it at a shop but I think they must have gave me the wrong name, any ideas what it could be.

Michael :idea: :mrgreen:

[SIZE=12pt]Rlechols Hi,[/SIZE]

:arrow: The first picture is taken with a Cannon 350D- 60mm macro.

The next 2 pictures are taken with a camera im using Canon PowerShot G5, 5.0 Mega pixels. Lens 7.2-28.8mm 1.2.0-3-0… had it on a portrait setting, also a close up setting that looks like a tulip. Had natural lighting from the sun with the background far away as possible.

Hope that helps you, im know expert as not read the manual yet lol, so I have to learn what the other settings mean.

Thanks Michael:mrgreen:

:idea:

Very nice Macro! You have a nice camera with macro. The mantis on last pic looks like Miomantis sp.
[SIZE=12pt]yen_saw[/SIZE]

Thanks man, i will have to make some changes to my website as lots of people have said its not a African, but i bought it as a african lol, thanks for you help, have a great day mate,

Michael