Mantis Religiosa, Alliston,ON,Can

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geohaber

Reaction score
Pictures of two other Mantis Religiosas that I took care of. The framed one is my memento mori photo of Tod who I raised from an L3? and the other is Freya who was caught in the wild by a friend, who brought her to me. I would let her out on to the window ledge while at the computer so she could look outside. In Memory of Tod_1.jpgFREYA 010_1.jpg

All three mantises were female, including "Tod". I don't have any mantises to trade as I don't really raise them. These were brought to me by friends who caught them in the wild. Mantis Religiosa and Tenoderas are the only mantises you can find in the wild in southern Ontario, no other place in Canada. B.C. has a small native ground mantis Litaneutria minor but that's it for Canada. The mantises in Ontario are not as common as they once were when I was younger. The only mantises I raise are ones I carve from brass. They never need feeding and they never die on you. Check them out at http\\www.Flickr.com/photos/geoffhaberman

All three mantises were female, including "Tod". I don't have any mantises to trade as I don't really raise them. These were brought to me by friends who caught them in the wild. Mantis Religiosa and Tenoderas are the only mantises you can find in the wild in southern Ontario, no other place in Canada. B.C. has a small native ground mantis Litaneutria minor but that's it for Canada. The mantises in Ontario are not as common as they once were when I was younger. The only mantises I raise are ones I carve from brass. They never need feeding and they never die on you. Check them out at http\\www.Flickr.com/photos/geoffhaberman
please please please start a thread on how you make your wonderful brass creations! i have been admiring them for years!

(I don't have any mantises to trade as I don't really raise them) I Understand .. Is just sad i raised 3 male from L1 to Adult ... If there is a chance I'd love to let them mate. before dieing ... I have 3 Adult Male..

there have been a number of threads started on this forum about your art. alot of us are admirers of your brass mantids.

The sheer work involved in their creation would probably demand a high sticker price, but I know alot of us would love to own one if you ever offered any for sale.

Latest posts