Mantis Tattoo ?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bloodtkr

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a tattoo of a mantis..not a cartoonish one a realistic one. I can't be the only one. Do any of you have a mantis tattoo ?

id also like to do this. Since I'm a " clean canvas " I thought itd be pretty sweet to do so, only id like mine more-so a stencil design as I'm more into graffiti and the " StreetArt " scene.

but.... A realism photo would be pretty sick.

I saw a woman in a bar not long ago had an orchid tattoo but it wasn't that good. She flipped when I said "hey nice orchid" she said no-one ever knew what it was.

I only got a scorpion. The pink orchid mantis would look pretty on a girl with pink petals falling behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a very stylistic one a while back :D
tumblr_nd0pylPuqD1tkp6iao1_1280.jpg

No regrets!
These were taken literally the moment I got off the chair from getting it done haha! It's not red and scary anymore.
The style of this one matches a bee tattoo I have on my thigh :> One day, I'm gonna be covered in stylistic little bugs.

Realistic tattoos are too much of a gamble for me. As an illustrator myself, my standards when it comes to these things are...really high...and a lot of tattoo artists fall...really short :I;
Make sure to get a tattoo artist who doesn't just copy what they see really well--but someone who can actually draw. :D

Very nice ! Theres a girl close to my job that won all kind of awards at the last tattoo convention. The guy that used to do all my ink died a while back so im kind of fussy when it comes to who inks me ; )

I forgot about yours TBK... beautiful...I wish we could see it now... without the pink highlights... I kind of cringe when I see the pink... I have got to give you credit... thanks for re-sharing..

Interesting, I thought the same thing awhile back. I only manged to get one tattoo so far (not a mantis), always too many bills to pay for more. I think I'd run out of skin before ideas of tattoos to get though. :D

Great stylistic tattoo TheBeesKnees, has a clean tribal look.

A while back one of our members was a tattoo artist and gave someone this tattoo

http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28189&page=2
Here's a direct link, thanks for sharing - another great looking tattoo!

Latest posts