Mantis Wont Come of Top Of Cage Help?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midderz

Reaction score
Hello ive got a Giant Asian and it will not come of the top of the cage its in ,it is in a tank like cage with a top with holes in it and wont come of the top Any suggestion also how do u know if it is male or female?

Hello ive got a Giant Asian and it will not come of the top of the cage its in ,it is in a tank like cage with a top with holes in it and wont come of the top Any suggestion also how do u know if it is male or female?
usually if stays at the bottom of the tank its not very well..is it eating.?have u misted the tank so it can have a drink since u got the mantis?maybe its on the damp medium because it needs a drink>?how longs it been there?whats the lid like..can it grip on it ok?

ok can it grip the top of the cage easily, also where does the most light fall onto in the cage, insects are naturally attracted to light , if there is more light seen at the bottom of the cage it will hang out down there, if there is more at the top like in the wild it will go as it comfortably can, is it sitting on the floor or just chilling low down in the cage? and do ypu have a pic of its home for us?

Theres nothing to worry about, mine is practically on the roof all the time.

if its on the top of the cage its fine.100% of my mantids live at the top of the cage!thats what healthy mantids do.. ;) iv just realized i red this thread wrong..oops.i thought u ment it wouldn't go on the top of the cage it was staying on the floor..i need some sleep.but yer if its hanging on the top of the roof its fine like king frog pointed out. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS IS NORMAL. Mantids spend most of their time on the lid.

Try this link for male or female:http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7110

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts