Mantisman 230's collection thread

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantisman 230

Reaction score
Well, I have finally conceded defeat and am starting one of these haha. My collection May not be as spectacular as it has been in the past, but there are still the old favorites. I'll start to get some photos of the different species.

The four Pnigomantis medioconstricta I got from LAME earlier this summer are doing very well. One female is adult, the other is subadult. Both males are subadults,

P1010006.JPG

P1010009.JPGP1010016.JPG

P1010026.JPG

All four Pnigomantis are adult now, last male molted five days ago.
Congrats! :D

So how do you like the double shields? I found mine seemed to watch and study me more than my other species, and tamed easier. They are one I'll have to try again in the future. :)

I've kept these a few times in the past. Sadly breeding had never been possible for me until now ?
I was hoping to do it myself once, but my female died shortly after making it to an adult, sounds like you had the same kind of trouble. With two of each though this time you should have plenty of ooths. :D

Do the double shields always turn brown? I love the green and especially those pink eyes!
It seems from the photos I've seen online, and the few I had myself, they typically do. Of course as you can see by mantisman 230's girl above though not all are brown, as he has a lovely green adult female.

Sticky, that green female is from the batch of babies you sent me. She's been like that all her life.

Mantisman: Remember this guy when breeding happens, despite owning this sp. twice now.... ive still yet to raise one to adult. Lol

(usually shipped out to others for breeding.)

Im so glad they have been so good for you Lame! 

They are wonderful as adults, no matter where I set them down, they stay there. My females have been excellent. If you can get yours to breed, I would love some babies.

Latest posts