mantisplace.com (Nick Barta)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

padkison

Reaction score
I ordered some mantis husbandry supplies from Nick at Total Mantis. Order showed up promptly and had some nice extras. Nick's website is a good one-stop shop for mantid needs at reasonable prices. He also carries mantids for sale.

I ordered some orchid mantids from Nick a few weeks ago, and all are still healthy and going strong.

He also threw in a ton of free flies (in fact, I just finally used up the last of them today!)

Thanks Nick!

Bought a bunch of goodies from Nick on Sunday night. It arrived today via USPS. So I got 500 blue bottle pupae/larvae ($5.45), 500 housefly pupae ($1.85), 72 hour heat pack ($2.50), and 4*32oz cups with cloth lid (4*$0.43). Paid $4.80 for shipping, the same price on the label. PayPal decided they want to charge fees on refunds too so there went $1.90. Total came out to be $18.22.

Apr 22: Placed order.

Apr 23: Nick said USPS's online service thinks my address is wrong so couldn't ship today.

Apr 24: Nick brought it to the post office and got it shipped.

Apr 26: Packaged received! That was pretty quick. Nick threw in a coldpack and some perlite substrate for me to try. Nice guy! I think he forgot the lids for the insect cups.

May 2: Received lids today. He gave me one free lid plus a bonus vile of fly pupae!

Communication was pretty good. Nick is a nice guy. Didn't even charge me for handling! He deserves something for that. Prices are indeed outstanding and shipping prices aren't inflated.

Thanks, Nick!

Nick my buddy has just send me some wonderful ff cultures and blue bottle pupa, i am sure all hundreds (or thousands) little mantis nymphs are quite happy now that they don't need to have their siblings for dinner!!

I am fairly new to Mantis Forum (1st post) and to the hobby itself, but have been looking into it for a while. I mainly do snakes, but finally bit the bait into getting some mantis. :lol:

I dealt with Nick and have had nothing but good things to say about him.

-My first orchid mantis I ordered from him died the next day.

-I called Nick and ordered 2 more as well as some flies, and a pretty cool container.

-Nick was kind enough to refund me for the first dead Orchid mantis and my order was already shipped!!! Now coming from a background in dealing with live animals all day, I can honestly say that he did not have to refund me for the money on the first orchid, and a gesture like that is hard to come by nowadays. You are the man Nick!

I will honestly recommend dealing with Nick. Order was fast to place, his follow up with me was excellent, and I was notified of all actions. He has won a customer in me, and I would love to acquire more stuff from him in the future.

Sincerely,

I received a package of mantid nymphs and some housefly pupae from Nick Barta at MantidPlace.com Terrific packing job with each nymph in an individual container - all made it safely. Great email communications. Highly recommended.

Kevin

I ordered a broad range of supplies and different types of mantids from Nick's website. Everything arrived unbelievably well-packaged and healthy, and Nick threw in some extras, too. Smooth transaction in every way. I'm looking forward to doing more transactions in the future.

Kristin

I've been getting some mantids and supplies from Nick and had a really great conversation with him the other day he was very helpful and has been taking really good care of me.

I am very happy with how our transactions have gone so far and look forward to doing more business with him.

John

I ordered some mantids from Nick for my cousin Kelly's College Graduation gift. He was so quick to respond to my questions and inquiries about ordering, shipping, etc. The mantids came exactly when we planned and were perfect. Unfortuantely, I, being a novice at caring for mantids, probably did something wrong, and they died... right before the party. I called Nick and he was sooo great. He gave me a credit towards getting a new mantis for Kelly, allowed her to pick whatever species she wanted, is giving her a "bonus" mantis, and is shipping them for free. Now Nick didn't have to do this. This just gives you an idea of what kind of first class service and care you will get when you order a mantis through mantisplace.com. My cousin Kelly, who likes to always keep mantids, says she will get them through him from now on. I am so glad I found Nick's website, so glad I ordered through him, and so glad that Kelly is getting the best Graduation Gift Ever, thanks to Nick!I cannot say enough good things about him, and reccommend him and only him to anyone interested in Mantids. He is so knowledgable, and responsive. He answered all my questions and was always easy to reach. Such great service! All I can say is, THANK YOU NICK, you made this the most memorable Graduation for Kelly, and the BEST experience for me!

Ordered some containers from Nick, they arrived earlier than I expected. The transaction went smoothly. I will definitely be doing business with him in the future.

Hi,

I ordered a variety of different Mantis supplies from Nick @ Mantis Place and must say that the service is excellent and prices are very reasonable.

The packaging of the products was fantastic, all products survied it's journey to the UK in tact.

Not a bad word to say, will be using again.

Thanks

Andy

Ordered a bunch of houseflies and some cups. Awesome prices on the cups w/lids. Will edit this post when stuff arrives.

Latest posts