Marston the Pumpkin Patch Tarantula

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new T. I've been thinking about getting a Hapalopus, is that the larger one or the smaller one. They have great colors!

They are a wonderful species, pretty fast growing too! My girl was the best specimen i ever kept (had to give her to a friend).

It is the larger species. It should grow to about 2.5-3 inches, just a little bigger than Plush our chaco is now.

Marston sealed him/herself up in a burrow, preparing for a molt. You can barely see the abdomen through the webbing.

Marston molted on 6-5-14. This is it's 1st molt since we've had him. Marston had exuvia in it's cup when he was purchased, this is probably it's 4th molt. Except for the legs getting hairy, this is pretty much it's adult coloring.

Marston molted on 6-30-14, a day after he ate a medium size cricket, these guys like to eat apparently. Still very plump after it's molt.

I got four of these tarantulas. I bought them as very small slings and now they are almost an inch long. The species I have is Hapalopus triseratus 'Lowland'.

Marston molted on 10-6-14. It's 1.5 inches normal sitting position, just about half grown. The small hands are my son's.

They are vicious feeders when hungry. Both my Hapalopus sp. Pumpkin Patch and Hapalopus triseriatus love to eat. My triseriatus should be due for a molt soon, so hopefully I'll get a whole molt to try sexing this time.

They are vicious feeders when hungry. Both my Hapalopus sp. Pumpkin Patch and Hapalopus triseriatus love to eat. My triseriatus should be due for a molt soon, so hopefully I'll get a whole molt to try sexing this time.
They like to chase prey. Marston was hanging out at the top of the terrarium, crawled down went all the way across terrarium and pounced on a cricket. I'm fairly certain Marston is female as I don't see epiandrous fusillae.

Latest posts