Mass die off of Deroplatys Truncata nymphs in a really weird way

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pizzaparlor45

Reaction score
This is really disheartening, but my deroplatys truncata ooth hatched and about 50-60 nymphs were born. Now only 4 remain. They ALL fell victim to this weird problem where they would fall from their perch to the floor below. From there they would be "injured." They didn't drop dead immediately, they stayed alive for some time struggling to move and then eventually they would die. It was as if half their body was paralyzed. I've never seen anything like it.

I've had this same problem happen to two ooths now, and I have no answers. I'm feeding and watering regularly, and whether I keep them in a deli cup or a large net cube this occurs. 

Sounds like a toxic issue rather than husbandry. Truncata nymphs have very few die offs. I’d wash everything and ensure there are no pesticides that could be circulating, including those circulating from outside 

I agree, Is there a smoker around or some air freshener or something? Also what kind of water are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts