Massachusetts trip macro pictures

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aNisip

Reaction score
These pictures were all taken with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) and a magnetic macro lens that would easily pop on and off. All but one was taken while on a quick summer vacation to MA and then most were taken while camping at a Pittsfield State Forest. Enjoy!

NalaRlP.jpg

A nice shot of a leafhopper on a blade of grass in the sunset light on Mount Greylock.

spXlTyv.jpg
Some sp of beetle that was very quick and beautifully colored.

0phh9jY.jpg

A huge friendly jumping spider that was content on sharing my chair while we both enjoyed the fire.

xIW5cg7.jpg

My brother's girlfriend and I almost stepped on this little guy while on a hike (he was sitting in the middle of the road!). So I took him out of harms way for a quick picture, then put him closer to the river deep in the woods.

eoebu3q.jpg

This little snail was taking cover from the rain ( I got soaked trying to get the shot :p ) Only late did I realize the initials "R E" were imbedded in silver in his shell...probably some silver body part or something.

m01KrI4.jpg

Probably my favorite picture I have taken with my phone. While strawberry picking; this little weevil was alredy enjoying some of the produce, and I put the phone up to it and got this image.

t39sUtL.jpg

This is an old shot from Florida. Adrienne helped me I.D. this cat as an Automeris Io that I was gently handling until I knew of its defenses. :p

Hope you enjoyed these pictures! Please comment; tell me what you liked/didn't like, and ways to improve ;) Thanks!

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks....

scott the salamander was quite cute and hard to let go....his little feet were so funny... :)

sally, i cant believe how hairy the weevil was, lol :p

sg, the snail pic was worth getting soaked for ;)

Those snails are EVERYWHERE here in Maine, in my garden, in raked blueberries I helped winnow. They are quite the pest this year.

These pictures are crazy! Love the peaceful spider on your chair. I couldn't beat these with thousands of dollars in photo gear - truly can't believe you took these with a phone! I have to google whether there's magnetic macros for an iphone - I would go to town. :)

These pictures are crazy! Love the peaceful spider on your chair I couldn't beat these with thousands of dollars in photo gear - truly can't believe you took these with a phone! I have to google whether there's magnetic macros for an iphone - I would go to town. :)
Thank you! :) it took me awhile to get used to it....

They are essentially designed for iPhone, but it works pretty well for Android (because of the shape and position of camera)... →http://photojojo.com/m/store/awesomeness/cell-phone-lenses