MATING PROBLEMS!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idolomantis

Reaction score
ok so the firsts times mating tenodera, the male freaked and rrunned away.

The female only sits stil on a hangin surface, otherwise shewonders around till she found something to hang on.

What just happend is: i placed the male behind the female and gave her a locust,

1st approach: when he finally was on her back he freaked and flew away.

2nd approach: he got distracted by the moving locust and wondered off.

3rd approach: he was on her back but he just wondered off again.

4th approach: he closed in but turned around.

then i exploded and quited trying.

the male is 4,5 weeks adult.

the female 5,5 weeks adult.

she's spreading sexpheromons already.

But that damn male doesnt want to mate or something.

i tried 4 times over 1,5 weeks but he always got distracted by something :angry:

if i place him in her enclosure(or other way arround) he would of been eaten before he can approach.

the female wont stop eating till she explode.

###### do i have to do to get him on her back dammit?!

Now what?

Wow... I've never really had this much trouble with them.

Maybe wait a bit, he might still be skittish. The males are really whimpy sometimes, and other times they do what you what them to do.... but two weeks late. :huh:

Wow... I've never really had this much trouble with them. Maybe wait a bit, he might still be skittish. The males are really whimpy sometimes, and other times they do what you what them to do.... but two weeks late. :huh:
upon the time he mated her my female made an infertile ooth and i'll have a wizard beard :rolleyes:

You are doing it completely the wrong way around mate ;)

You should ALWAYS settle the male in the enclosure for a while and introduce the female infrot of him. Remember mantids respond to movement ;)

You are doing it completely the wrong way around mate ;) You should ALWAYS settle the male in the enclosure for a while and introduce the female infrot of him. Remember mantids respond to movement ;)
Already tried that, rob. I did exactly what morpheus told me but as soon as he saw her, he freaked away.

I just placed them in a plant in my room, he jumped on her back and i tought i finally did it.. but no.

he flew off again.

i placed them again in that tree, and they will be there the next 24 hours.

i'll chek every 30 minutes.

SHE F***ING ATE HIM BEFORE HE COULD MATE :angry: :angry: :angry:

there is always something...

i sure would be my foult but i can't hold myself when these things happens for the first time.

o well, ..he deserved it for being such a wimp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts