Mealworm eggs and Super mealworm Eggs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rotten logs are the ones that have been on forest floor a loong time, they might be wet and all drilled by bugs

rotten logs are the ones that have been on forest floor a loong time, they might be wet and all drilled by bugs
If you worry about pests being in the rotten logs and sticks, you can soak them and heat treat them in the oven. I use oven bags like what some people put turkeys in.

I got the advice from Orin Mcmonigle's book: "The Complete Guide to Rearing Darkling Beetles".

I also keep some other darkling beetles that I got from Peter Clausen.

They are very cool beetles and some can live for a long time. I am hoping that some of our Asbolus verrucosus (Blue Death Feigning beetles) can still be alive when my 6 year old is an adult. If not, I have started to see some larvae. We also have a pair of Eleodes sp., a Phloeodes diabolicus (Diabolical Ironclad beetle), and a tiny one with lined elytra (I don't remember the species)that is very cute.

I love my little beetles!

yea, hummm, will ask my son to get me some rotton logs, but u know, when I clean something out, I would just say to myself "self, that log is rotten, I better throw it out" see my delima?

You could compare rotten wood with old wood eaten by termite its soft and all piercerd