Mesmerizing Stare

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mvalenz

Reaction score
One of my male majusculas just molted and I noticed these dots on each eye. At first I thought he just had big pupils (if that's what they are called), but then I noticed that these dots are on the surface. I don't think it is impairing him in any way. Just thought I'd share this oddity.

IMG_20121111_134425.jpg

IMG_20121111_134412.jpg

I think he looks extra cute now.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks as if he has been rubbing his head against the container. Maybe he is trying to escape or he sees another insect through the container, and wants it.

It drives me nuts when they rub their heads. <_< I always try to change something about their enclosures, or the whole enclosure, when I catch them doing it.

Its called eyerub, I know the name is self explainatory , they rub their eyes up against the walls of enclosure to get as close as possible to whatever it is trying to get at....sometimes it's really bad and they won't be able to see in that spot, so accuracy wouldnt be the same, but otherwise mainly an aesthetic perspective...and they are called pseudopupils btw ;)

All the best,

Andrew

thanks. I have never seen any of my guys rubbing their eyes on the enclosure before, but I do have them pretty close to each other. This would explain it though. They are always watching each other with hungry eyes.

If you don't want them to be rubbing, you can just put a piece of paper or something between the containers.

One of my shields has that in both eyes. She flicks at bugs and me. I think she has trouble seeing things and they scare her.

I hope she does not loose all her sight! I have a normal bulb in the lamp so I guess it was the rubbing. I love handfeeding so if she goes blind she won't go hungry!

Hmm i wasnt getting rubbing but a few of blue flashes developed that, I was thinking maybe the CFL's, but thats only speculation.....

i was just noticeing a spt a couple days ago on one of my girls eyes. i was gonna post about it. but i guess i dont have to worry about it anymore.... i only have one question, is it perminent or will she heal?

Latest posts