message from my malaysian trip

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dokken

Reaction score
hi,

this is a message from malaysia

Im in the cameron highlands for the moment

but a bit cold, not much mantis

according you, where must I go now to find it

especially paratoxodera or rare species

thanks for your help its urgent

I believe you would have good luck with speaking to the locals, especially those that work in the rural outdoors.

Ask the indian tribes or the natives and maybe you can find those or maybe the rarer species which is the Parymenopus Davisoni Praying Mantis

thanks for the information. i found a contact in a orang asli village and found a beautiful bark mantis, and a very nice unciron mantis never seen on foto, that i ll ask you to identify as i ll be back in france

i especially looking for toxodera for the moment

H dokken, good to know you found the Orang Asli village, they can be found on the old Tapah route going up to Cameron Highland.

Does your unicorn mantis look like below? then good chance it is Ceratocrania macra.

unknown8.jpg

The 'Durian' season is approaching soon so more aboriginal will be looking for the fruit than insect around this time. Enjoy your trip and have fun!

hi, good job yen,

yes a Ceratocrania macra

I got a male, looking for a female

I found too :

3 large green mantis

2 looks like rhombodera

3 looks like statilia

1 looks like pylospilota

1 beautiful humbertiella

1 dessicata (lucky she made an ooth the day after I cacthed it)

1 ooth

and a dealer very expensive that can find anything I miss to have a pair at the end of my travel

Now, I fly $ days in borneo

see you

Good luck on the female!

Assuming you mean Polyspilota, this genus does not exist in Asia so what you have must be some other species. Looking forward to see some pics and have fun in Borneo!

Good luck on the female!

Assuming you mean Polyspilota, this genus does not exist in Asia so what you have must be some other species. Looking forward to see some pics and have fun in Borneo!
well, a message from borneo

here it s totally different... 12 degres more than in cameron highlands......very very hot

just drinking a cold beer in the evening and i can see mantis that comes in my table under the light.incredible. but cant hunt. sabah is a protected place

hope ill find new mantis as ill be back in cameron, next two days

Back in France,

I bought more than 30 different mantis in malaysia...found some wonderful species

Unfortunabely..the result is so poor

Only 6 mantis survived

-in the boxes,

- travel to france

- in terrarium

2 dessicata males

1 adult male green mantis

1 couple (and an ooth) : please can you identify it

http://images3.photomania.com/365494/1/radCB3FF.jpg

http://images3.photomania.com/365502/1/rad32E27.jpg

1 beautiful adult female (maybe full) :please can you identify it

http://images3.photomania.com/365236/1/rad71372.jpg

result : change a mantis from a tropcial area, to a french box...is not very easy

Maybe, I will have more chance with my ooths

thanks for you help

dokken

Hi.

The brownish one with the ooth is a Statilia sp. The other one is some Hierodula.

Greets,

C.

Latest posts