Messed up male Popa

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolMantid

Reaction score
When ever my male and female connect. This happens. The male does this the whole time, every time. Any tips? I am very desperate as they are almost 6/7 weeks old

I think the male is a size to big for the female. But I dont know

Here are some crappy pics

031.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

If you dont see whats wrong he is putting his abdomen in the wrong spot or in the air

Teach him which hole to put it in ?

lol jk

his size shouldnt really matter...and he looks fine, but ive not run into this yet...so im honestly not really sure what to say

...would say to maybe try to manuvure him to the right place...but again I would wait and see what someone smart on here says...im just a dumbie

Last edited by a moderator:
I would try to add some heat and mist them, sometimes gently blowing on the male helps, but some males just don't cut the mustard, sorry to say? :(

if they are at room temp I would def try what nick said and give them heat and humidity....in my opinion always a must when trying to mate

The new male I got is doing a threat display towards the female (showing he is still not mature enough to mate)

I place him on the female and he did the same thing as my other male... I don't know what is going on with them

Female is still aging by the second

I had the same problem with my p.affinis , either gently blow on them or leave them hanging upside down , give them a while as it sometimes doesnt happen straight away . It took over 1/2 an hour for mine to connect

Good luck!

LOL same thing is happening right now as I type this. My male T. sinensis has been riding around on my female's back for 4 hours and they haven't...made contact yet.

Latest posts